In order to achieve mastery in mathematics, self-study would be the most effective way for math lovers for sure. Self-practice knowledge of mathematics will increase your power of accurate reasoning, more creative ideas, abstract or spatial thinking ability, problem-solving efficiencies, and even effective communication skills.
To study on your own, you need the most reliable and easy-going books that you can easily understand on your own. So here are some of the Best Mathematics Books for Self-Study keeping in mind ensuring total development. You will find these best books on mathematical thinking quite enjoyable to study which will also provide you with mental refreshments.
Best Mathematics Books for Self Study
|Book Name & Author||Image||Rating||Price|
|All the Math You’ll Ever Need: A Self-Teaching Guide by Steve Slavin||9.0||View on Amazon|
|Basic Math and Pre-Algebra Workbook For Dummies by Zegarelli||9.3||View on Amazon|
|Algebra Essentials Practice Workbook with Answers: Linear & Quadratic Equations, Cross Multiplying, and Systems of Equations by Chris McMullen||9.0||View on Amazon|
|Precalculus: A Self-Teaching Guide (Wiley Self-Teaching Guides) Steve Slavin & Ginny Crisonino||9.0||View on Amazon|
|The Calculus Lifesaver: All the Tools You Need to Excel at Calculus (Princeton Lifesaver Study Guides) by Adrian Banner||9.3||View on Amazon|
|Trigonometry Essentials Practice Workbook with Answers: Master Basic Trig Skills by Chris McMullen||8.8||View on Amazon|
|Geometry and Trigonometry for Calculus (Wiley Self-Teaching Guides) by Peter H. Selby||9.0||View on Amazon|
1. All the Math You’ll Ever Need: A Self-Teaching Guide
The simplest, funniest, and friendliest guide you can ever get All the Math You’ll Ever Need: A Self-Teaching Guide by Steve Slavin. It is a self-guide book that gives you a complete list of all the strong mathematical tools that you feel essential.
If you want to be skilled in mathematics without anyone’s help, then you need this book. It has several facilities that enhance your understanding of mathematics.
It provides you a direct and straightforward technique that works with fractions and decimals. The book demonstrates simple ways to figure discounts, calculate mortgage interest rates, and work out time, rate, and distance problems.
You can practice maths with this book as it has a lot of refreshed techniques with practical skills.
The author Steve Slavin studied at New York University and did a Ph.D. in economics there who has not only the proper knowledge about maths but also innovative ideas about it. It has everything that makes it a better and easier one for getting the mathematics formulas and becoming a skilled person in it.
Inside the Book
- Formulas are presented in a simple way so that you can understand them easily.
- The refreshed formulas help you a lot to learn all about it in a new way.
- There are many demonstrative but simple ways to demonstrates figure discounts, calculate mortgage interest rates, and work out time, rate, and distance problems.
- You can use these skills for both personal and professional purposes.
- No unnecessary terms or formulas.
- The direct techniques help to get the fractions and decimals quickly.
2. Basic Math and Pre-Algebra Workbook For Dummies
No doubt, it’s a great book for those who want to get all the ideas about the basics of mathematics. It is designed to take the weakness out of you and gives you a proper suggestion so that you can learn things in an enjoyable way. Moreover, this book is one of the best mathematics books for beginners in order to learn things effectively.
It also helps to give strength to your weak points. You can get different ideas to clear your problems. There are some sections, and each section has a descriptive review of the concepts and lets you know those.
That’s the reason you must follow every section to get the exact skills of it. If there is any gap between these sections and you don’t follow the serial, you might lose track. So, to get complete learning, you need to follow these things step by step.
Moreover, having the sections helps you to understand where you go wrong. Learning basic rules is always easy with this book.
There are many topics as well like different algebraic expressions, inequalities, scientific notation, negative numbers, and many more. Also, if you are weak in Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus, this book provides with you much knowledge about it.
Whenever you get into some tricky situations while doing maths, this book can get you out of it.
Inside the Book, You Will Learn
- How to find the way around a circle, triangle, trapezoid, and lots more.
- To solve both simple and tough algebraic equations easily.
- Working with the powers of ten.
- How to solve inequalities, square roots, exponents, absolute values, etc.
- Practicing online quizzes.
- Making a specific sense of how to handle fractions, percentages, and decimals.
- Innovative equations and expressions.
- Multiples and Factors.
- Defining algebra and geometry.
3. Algebra Essentials Practice Workbook with Answers: Linear & Quadratic Equations, Cross Multiplying, and Systems of Equations
If you would like to fluent in algebra skills, then Algebra Essentials Practice Workbook with Answers should be your first choice. It has everything that you need to get that skill.
This book is also suitable for all students from grade seven to college students. You can get the basics that a school student needs to know and the advanced practice guide to give you proper knowledge about it.
Further, it helps to solve not only standard equations but also more than that. It has seven chapters for different parts to discuss. These chapters focus on algebraic methods.
This mathematics textbook gives you an idea of fractional coefficients, cross multiplying, factoring quadratic equations, linear equations, and more.
There are no pictures included. It serves the best learning by giving you an explanation about the topics in a strict way. You find a few pages of instructions to know the solving process of that particular equation by taking a look at the examples which make this one of the best mathematics books for self-study.
Inside the Book
- You will get the idea of how you should solve unknowns.
- Many exercises are available to practice regularly.
- The writer gives much focus on essential skills.
- All answers to it are 100% mistake-free as they are checked by computer.
- Each section includes a few pages of instructions to give you a basic of it before starting the main topic.
4. Precalculus: A Self-Teaching Guide
Then, you can pick Precalculus: A Self-Teaching Guide to get complete knowledge about precalculus. It is the fastest, easiest and simplest way to give you the full idea about precalculus.
Precalculus: A Self-Teaching Guide can teach you precalculus by giving you several technique options. There are several topics to discuss too.
Moreover, this book has a self-guided method with algebra review and complete coverage of log functions, exponential functions, and trigonometry.
With the self-teaching approach of the book, you can easily follow to get accurate ideas of things and know how to practice on your own. That’s why it would be one of the best mathematics books for self-study for Precalculus.
Steve Slavin is the writer of this book provides every detail that helps you to get the method well to understand all about precalculus.
Things that Make the Book Ideal for Self-Study
- Easy to understand self-learning approach.
- No complex techniques.
- You can get a complete idea of the precalculus in the simplest way.
- You will also learn algebra, trigonometry, log functions, and exponential functions.
- It is a suitable math self-guide book for both business mathematics and first or second-grade mathematics.
- Several exercises and examples are included so that you can practice every day.
5. The Calculus Lifesaver: All the Tools You Need to Excel at Calculus (Princeton Lifesaver Study Guides)
In order to get next-level knowledge of Calculus, this is also a great book for getting proper skills. It is a reader-friendly book with a lot of developed techniques for easy understanding.
If you are a student who wants a brilliant score in your examination, this would be the ideal reading for you.
The Calculus Lifesaver can save your life for this purpose. Besides, if you don’t like reading books, then you can also check the online video of this course. These are free to watch, and that’s how you can learn what you want.
Moreover, the teaching method is easy, informal, and not complex with detailed examples that help to understand better. The range of examples is from easy to difficult. So, you can check those to understand the concept clearer.
Why is it the Best?
- The format is informal and entertaining, not intimidating.
- More than 475 examples from the easy to difficult level.
- Presents as a companion to any single variable calculus book.
- All the methods are examined and tested by students.
- Extra videos are available to know more about Calculus.
- Tough topics are described in detail in a simple way.
6. Trigonometry Essentials Practice Workbook with Answers: Master Basic Trig Skills
It is an expert book for learning trigonometry designed to teach trigonometry in a different sense. You can get essential skills with a lot of quotations to solve for practicing.
Trigonometry Essentials Practice Workbook with Answers is a must need for those who want to get the complete skill of trigonometry.
Not just that, there are many examples included. If you want instructions on that topic, then you can get them that helps to develop your understanding.
There is a workbook that you get with the textbook. We recommend you to study that workbook while using the textbook. It makes sure you get the instructions properly.
Further, it helps you to memorize the trig functions of the angles like 30, 150, and 315 degrees. In this case, if you do not get permission to use a calculator, then this book is suitable for you as it can help you with the special formulas.
Inside the Book
- You can determine the sine, cosine, secant, cosecant, tangent, and cotangent by multiplying several degrees like 30, 45, and 360 degrees.
- The book will make you able to convert between radians and degrees.
- You will find the inverse Trigonometry functions.
- Solving problems is easier with Trigonometry identities.
- The book can express sine, cosine, tangent, cotangent, secant, and cosecant as fractions by checking the right triangle.
- It can solve algebraic equations with basic Trigonometry functions.
- You can practice by finding the references of angles in Quadrants II, III, and IV.
7. Geometry and Trigonometry for Calculus
Learning both geometry and trigonometry is an easy task with the book Geometry and Trigonometry for Calculus. You can get complete knowledge on both subjects by just following the instructions.
Most importantly, the learning process is easy and efficient so that you can learn the trigonometric limits of the analytic system. The formulas are well innovative and tested.
Moreover, there are also self-test sections you can practice by doing that section whenever and however you want.
Inside the Book
- The ideas of trigonometry, geometry, numerical trigonometry, and trigonometric analysis and limits.
- It is a self-teaching guide, you can learn the formulas with this book without the help of tuition, or any teacher.
- The process and all the formulas are tested, rewritten, and retested.
- There is no need for prerequisites.
- Self-tests show you know how you are doing.
- Exclusive exercises and reviews.
Getting the right books for math lovers especially when you are planning to do self-study is a challenging fact. The best mathematics books for self-study here reviewed will help you to find the desired book you are looking for. You must get a book that gives you absolute information about topics you want to learn in mathematics.