You may wonder how the kids write down fascinating words on the paper. Sometimes you give credit to their creative mind. Your children have the talent to be well-versed in typography. But they have to proceed with the correct approach to make hand-writing truly decorative.
You essentially need not enroll your kid in the courses in order to teach modern calligraphy. You can go through the best calligraphy books for beginners. A book can guide your kids accordingly to be a master of hand-letting by bringing out their latent talent. They will find comprehensive tips and ideas of being hands-on in calligraphy through a well-composed book.
So, your first task is to find out the best book to learn calligraphy for beginners which can put together all the directions for your beloved children. You can carry any of the following books.
Best Calligraphy Books for Beginners
|Book Name & Author||Image||Rating||Price|
|The Ultimate Guide to Modern Calligraphy & Hand Lettering for Beginners by June & Lucy||4.6||View on Amazon|
|Lettering and Modern Calligraphy: A Beginner’s Guide by Paper Peony Press||4.5||View on Amazon|
|The Hand Lettering Workbook: Step-by-Step Instructions, Practice Pages, and DIY Projects by Amanda Kammarada||4.6||View on Amazon|
|Hand Lettering 101: An Introduction to the Art of Creative Lettering (Modern Calligraphy Series) by Chalkfulloflove||4.6||View on Amazon|
|Mastering Copperplate Calligraphy: A Step-by-Step Manual (Lettering, Calligraphy, Typography) by Eleanor Winters||4.6||View on Amazon|
1. The Ultimate Guide to Modern Calligraphy & Hand Lettering for Beginners
Your kids’ hand-writing skills will be illustrious whenever they will take consultancy from this famous calligraphy book. It will assist them to be a master of hand lettering proving the most essential tips, strategies, and project ideas. There is no need to break your account in order to purchase this book. You can bag this best calligraphy book for your children at an affordable price.
Your kid will learn perfect letter variation and positioning through this masterpiece. Moreover, it will instruct them how to find upstroke and down-stroke with a pen. They can perceive the anatomy of words at ease after having a bird’s eye view over it. It will inform them about an array of tools that they need to be apt in hand-writing. Moreover, they will have a clear concept of typography from basic to advance level.
To bring out their creativity, it will teach the doodles and illustrations of words. Your beloved one will be well-versed in parallel lines, dash lines, ribbons, and banners to have a charming appearance of the letters. They could craft the phases in their own styles after studying this effective hand-writing book. Hence, you can pick it over other books to get your children proficient in calligraphy.
Inside the Book
- It provides unlimited guidelines about word positioning, style, and posture.
- Your child could know about various supportive tools to enhance writing skills.
- It mentions the basic strokes and design compositions to aid kids.
- The little children will learn how to compose a piece in their own style at ease.
- It focuses on shadow effect, sketch, and illustration of words.
2. Lettering and Modern Calligraphy: A Beginner’s Guide
You don’t need to conduct research, take a trial, or reach out to anyone to find a hand-writing subsidiary book for your kids. Rather than, you can allow them to start practicing through this modern calligraphy book. Every page of this book filled with ultimate tips and a guide for making letters beautiful. It will encourage them to be hands-on in positing words, having masterstroke, and designing the letters at a significant margin.
They can upgrade their skill following its terminology, project design, and connections. It comes with a total of 15 hand-writing projects to make them ingenious in calligraphy. They could learn almost five distinctive alphabet styles through this great book. And the tips of letter-formation and illustration will be highly favorable to them.
It explains all the necessary tools to be a master of hand-writing point black. Furthermore, it consolidates all the necessary steps to start a calligraphy journey beyond fear and hesitation. They can learn accurate lettering with much fun through this beginner-friendly book. So, you should pick this one to enhance your children’s writing creativity.
Inside the Book
- It discusses the anatomy of upper and lower case letters in detail.
- It instructs the required project ideas to be experts in hand-writing.
- Your kids will get the idea of letter positioning, designing, and formatting through it.
- They will be comfortable in strokes, connections, and composition through it.
- The five different alphabet styles and excellent illustration guide will make them adept.
3. The Hand Lettering Workbook: Step-by-Step Instructions, Practice Pages, and DIY Projects
If you want to make your children complete craft-master in hand-lettering, you can put this calligraphy workbook for beginners on your shelves. It will aid them to upgrade their lettering skill with some of the incredible techniques and tips. They will learn all the core principles of hand-writing through this artist toolkit. It assembles all the guidance of drawing catchy letters, improving elegance, and bringing out creativity.
Your kids can put down decorative words and practice dot connection more efficiently after having a look at it. It suggests seven unique alphabet styles to scale up their expertise in hand-lettering. The step-by-step practice sheets claim it one of the best calligraphy books for beginners. Most importantly, it will advise them about various writing tools and their applications in order.
Every page of this book contains something instructive to create inspirational and creative phrases. Your kid will become highly excel in bounce lettering, flourishing, and playing around with styles after taking all the instructions of this book into account. It will be their best companion to put down letters in expressive style and develop their own styles.
Inside the Book
- It describes the optimal approach of connecting letters.
- It provides a hint of letter embellishment and illustrations.
- Kids can carry out some handy projects through this book.
- They will find seven exclusive alphabet styles and exact word-formation tips.
- It will instruct the distinctions of several writing tools.
4. Hand Lettering 101: An Introduction to the Art of Creative Lettering (Modern Calligraphy Series)
Your kids will have a good command of creative hand-lettering with the support of this book. It comprises everything they need to be a master of calligraphy within a short period. Because of its simplicity and uniqueness, it’s regarded to be the best hand lettering book for beginners. Beginners will find sequential tips of fonts and designs in it. Moreover, it will teach them how to fetch flair with flourishes in their writing.
They will be informed about the techniques of connecting letters and matching different fonts through it. All the pages of this book hold guidance of adorable, unique, and catchy hand-lettering creation. Most notably, they will learn stroke in both upper and lower case alphabets. It provides plenty of practicing opportunities with more than eight project ideas. They could copy its design to turn their lettering into art.
It also indicates the overall word formation, illustration, and shadow effect. Your beloved children will be enamored with the outlook of this book as it comes with gold spiral and corner protectors. The premium paper quality and affordable price range will highly favorable. After all, you can choose this best-selling book for your kids to guide them.
Inside the Book
- It comes with eight-plus projects to develop the lettering expertise.
- The book incorporates the crucial instruction of mixing various fonts and designs.
- It describes the exquisite technique of letter connection and formation.
- Your children can learn the basics of illustration and strokes by dint of this guiding book.
- The book features thicker paper, gold spiral, and corner protectors.
5. Mastering Copperplate Calligraphy: A Step-by-Step Manual (Lettering, Calligraphy, Typography)
Are you pursuing the best hand-lettering books for your kids? If so, you can scan this book to have a comprehensive guide. It comes with all the essential tips and techniques to fulfill your needs. Your children can be proficient in calligraphy following its directions and accomplishing all the given projects. It will inform them about retouching, correcting, and cropping in a digestive approach.
Besides, they will get the idea of writing in color, using good paper, and commercial calligraphy through it. From changing the size of the letters to combining various fonts, everything will be clear to them after having consultancy from this book. It will teach them the formation of each letter stroke by stroke with an in-depth explanation. And they can grab the skill of addressing envelopes and writing invitations with the assistance of this world-famous book.
They could connect letters in a readable approach and realize the overall scheme of hand-writing at ease. Moreover, they will have control over the illustration, composition, and various styles of the alphabet. As it shows everything from basic, your kids won’t struggle in understanding all the instructions. However, you can opt for it in order to scale up your children’s typography skills with much precision.
Inside the Book
- It’s a step-by-step manual for calligraphy, lettering, and typography.
- The book explains the pen angles and strokes elaborately to help your kids.
- It provides the ultimate guide for word illustration, formation, and font matching.
- Kids will get various approaches for letting and connecting through it.
- They will get the advice of developing their own styles in an expressive way.
The Final Thought
If you want to improve your kids’ typography skills, you must take counsel from an individual or a book. The best approach to your children’s expertise in handwriting overnight is to follow a well-written book. Only the best calligraphy books for beginners can aid them to reach the goal. In this case, it’s essential for you to pick an instructive book for the beginner.
However, you’ve already found some of the persuasive calligraphy books here. You will find the prospective tips and techniques in all the referred books. So, you can choose any of those books for your kid to have the best guidance and to motivate your kid to keep practicing to be versed in calligraphy.