Writing a nonfiction book may seem a big challenge for you if you are just getting started writing your first book. But if you take proper planning and preparation before you start writing, the writing process of a book will become incredibly easier for you. There are various aspects of this preparation, for example, finding your story, identifying your audience, getting clear on what you want to achieve with your nonfiction book, choosing the structure for your book, writing the book, and finally editing and publishing. To do all this work successfully happen, reading some best books on writing nonfiction can help you significantly to turn your knowledge into words real.
Best Books on Writing Nonfiction
|Book Name & Author||Image||Rating||Price|
|How To Write Non-Fiction: Turn Your Knowledge Into Words by Joanna Penn||9.2||View on Amazon|
|Start Writing Your Book Today: A Step-by-Step Plan to Write Your Nonfiction Book by Morgan Gist MacDonald||9.0||View on Amazon|
|On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction by William Zinsser||9.4||View on Amazon|
|The Art of Writing a Non-Fiction Book: An Easy Guide to Researching, Creating, Editing, and Self-Publishing (Become a Writer Today) by Bryan Collins||8.2||View on Amazon|
|Book Editing: How to Edit Your Nonfiction Book Like a Pro by Kathy Gaudry||10.0||View on Amazon|
1. How To Write Non-Fiction: Turn Your Knowledge Into Words
If you want to write a compelling non-fiction book but you don’t know where to start, then it would be your first reading. This book is packed with clear actionable strategies and additional resources for diving deeper. It is a valuable resource that makes what could be an overwhelming goal of writing a nonfiction book into an actionable and attainable one.
In this book, the author shares almost everything you need to know about how to write a successful nonfiction book from the context of practical experience. The classic book addresses the most basic question why write a nonfiction book? The mindset before you write, business, how to gather and organize existing material for writing and editing, etc.
The book is essential for those who want to know the way how a nonfiction book changes life, types of nonfiction books, business models for nonfiction books, and how to identify the target market, and deciding on the book topic and title, how long will it take to write your book, etc.
Inside the Book
- Part 1. Before You Write: Mindset
- Part 2. Before You Write: Business
- Part 3. Writing and Editing
- Part 4. Publishing and Product Creation
- Part 5. Marketing Non-Fiction
2. Start Writing Your Book Today: A Step-by-Step Plan to Write Your Nonfiction Book
This would be a must-read book for nonfiction writers that walks you through how to write a book step by step. These steps will show you how to develop good writing routines and a solid timeline, then how to write the first draft and revise the draft, how to bring in beta readers and incorporate their feedback, and finally, how to pull it all together into a finished manuscript.
Moreover, the book also guides you on how to streamline your argument, how to make sure you don’t have repetitions or tangents, and how to incorporate research without getting sidetracked in your writing. Each step is laid out for you. You’ll be ready to finally start writing your book after reading this book. Therefore, it deserves one of the best books on writing nonfiction.
The book will help you effectively to tap into your bold message, shape the words so that you resonate with the reader, and how to produce a book that has a powerful impact on the world.
Inside the Book
- You will learn writing routines that help you write easily and productively.
- How to develop a solid timeline so that you can finish your nonfiction writing quickly.
- Writing the first draft and revising the draft in order to bring a professional look.
- How to bring beta readers and incorporate their feedback so that you know your book is compelling and powerful.
- Finally, how to pull it all together into a complete manuscript that you will be proud to publish.
3. On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction
On Writing Well would be a great read for nonfiction writers because of its sound advice, clarity, and the warmth of its style. It is a book for everybody who wants to learn how to write or who needs to do some writing to get through the day, as almost everybody does in the age of e-mail and the Internet.
Whether you want to write about people or places, science and technology, business, sports, the arts, or about yourself in the increasingly popular memoir genre, On Writing Well offers you fundamental principles as well as the insights of a distinguished writer and teacher.
It is essentially one of the great books ever written on the subject of nonfiction writing. By reading this book you will learn the value of brevity, the value of simplicity. And more than anything else, you will learn to trust yourself and the concept that, in the end, people don’t love a book because they are in love with the subject, they love a book because they like the author.
Inside the Book
- You will get effective advice, clarity of concepts and a unique style to follow to write your first nonfiction book.
- The book offers you fundamental principles and the insights of a distinguished writer and teacher.
- It teaches the value of brevity, the value of simplicity that is crucial for a writer.
- The book offers a wide range of subject areas for writing like people or places, science and technology, business, sports, the arts, etc.
- It will help to turn your writing passion into a reality that really audience would love.
4. The Art of Writing a Non-Fiction Book: An Easy Guide to Researching, Creating, Editing, and Self-Publishing (Become a Writer Today)
As you really would love to become a successful nonfiction author, this book explains all you need to know about writing and publishing a book your readers love. In this book, you will get through the detailed yet practical writing of a book, the author explains all you need to know about writing your non-fiction book, step-by-step in a clear voice.
It’s a quick easy read and gets to the point without having to read through a lot of oversight. If you want to start writing nonfiction or are struggling with a first draft, read this book. It’s worth the time and money indeed. It comes with concise and practical advice from an author that shows a genuine interest in teaching and encouraging other writers. Moreover, if you need to develop a system for your writing you will find many great ideas in this book.
Inside the Book
- Nonfiction writers will discover why successful nonfiction authors spend lots of time researching their book before writing it.
- The secret behind outlining a non-fiction book that’s worth publishing.
- How to take charge of the editing process, before it takes charge of you.
- What you need to know about book covers, book titles, and self-publishing.
- What to do when you finish writing your book.
5. Book Editing: How to Edit Your Nonfiction Book Like a Pro
After successfully writing your nonfiction book, finally before publishing you essentially need it review and editing. Therefore, you should read one book editing book. So going through Book Editing: How to Edit Your Nonfiction Book Like a Pro by Kathy Gaudry would highly be potential for you.
By reading this book, you will learn the basic methods of how editing should be accomplished. You will learn why your brain won’t let you edit and how to circumvent the issue. The book also presents how to checking grammar and punctuation problems, reviewing logic and clarity within the manuscript, using transitions properly, managing verbs, building stylesheets, enhancing writing skills, etc.
This book is for any nonfiction author who wants to do a simple edit before they publish or send their manuscript to a professional editor. Explanations are simple and easy to follow in this book. Directions provided in this book are specific to the nonfiction writing field. In addition, the book provides the tools that will allow any author to learn how to edit manuscripts, articles, or even business materials.
Inside the Book
- You will learn basic, simple, and easy-to-use editing information that you will find invaluable now and in the future.
- You will learn the basic methods of how editing a nonfiction book should be accomplished.
- The professional approach of editing your book for the final publication will attract your readers.
- How to checking grammar and punctuation problems, reviewing logic and clarity within the manuscript.
- You will learn why your brain won’t let you edit and how to overcome the issue.
The Bottom Line
Most writers might think that writing nonfiction is easier than writing fiction. That doesn’t mean it’s less work to write a nonfiction book. Rather, to write a nonfiction book and make it acceptable to the audience, you have a lot of works to be done carefully. Your creative thinking and interest in writing will make everything easier. All you need to step forward step by step. One more thing to keep in mind is that your work will get more speed if you follow these best books on writing nonfiction. Because each of these books here is a successful nonfiction book and for sure effective for you in order to get a clear idea about how to write a great nonfiction book.