The name “Alexander the Great” is engraved in the world’s history. He will remain alive till the last day of human civilization. People are highly interested to read his biography to know about his life-style, ambition, power, and leadership. That is why all the best books on Alexander the Great are in high demand throughout the world. If you’re inclined to learn deeply about such a great personality, you would love to pick a great biography Alexander the Great.
Since there are a massive amount of books on him, it seems a daunting task to sort out the perfect one that covers everything in detail. In this case, you need to reach out to someone who is passionate about reading Alexander the Great books to get the proper suggestion. However, you don’t need to go anywhere else to take counsel; we’re here with some of the world-famous books and the best biography of Alexander the Great to help you.
Best Books on Alexander the Great Review
|Book Name & Author||Book Image||Rating||Price|
|Alexander the Great by Philip Freeman||4.5||View on Amazon|
|The Virtues of War: A Novel of Alexander the Great by Steven Pressfield||4.6||View on Amazon|
|The Campaigns of Alexander (Penguin Classics) by Arrian||4.6||View on Amazon|
|Alexander of Macedon, 356–323 B.C.: A Historical Biography by Peter Green||4.6||View on Amazon|
|Dividing the Spoils: The War for Alexander the Great’s Empire (Ancient Warfare and Civilization) by Robin Waterfield||4.5||View on Amazon|
|Alexander the Great: A Life From Beginning to End (Military Biographies) by Hourly History||4.4||View on Amazon|
|Alexander the Great: Lessons from History’s Undefeated General (World Generals Series) by Bill Yenne||4.3||View on Amazon|
1. Alexander the Great (Philip Freeman)
If you have much excitement to know about Alexander the Great, you can read this book. You could explore the overall life-story of such a reputed person through this masterpiece. It will present you with the failure, success, and struggle of his entire life in an emotional approach. You could gather secrets on his strategy and tactics of several battles as well.
Moreover, this book will notify you how the great leader stretched his authority around with much fame. The book will teach you how he established the greatest empire despite not being much advanced in life. You find delicate information about the formidable obstacles he faced during the military campaigns in this book. Besides, it will describe to you how the great leader expanded the Greek language throughout western Asia.
Most noticeably, this great book contains how his reign fractured after his death. You could learn the mix of mercurial, cruel, impulsive, and farsighted character in him by dint of this great book. In a word, you will be influenced by reading this biography book on Alexander the Great. It can be your best assistant to become an authority on the history and such a great personality.
Inside the Book
- It describes the astonishing achievements of the great leader Alexander.
- It informs how he took over the reign and ruled over the empire.
- You will know how the Greek language extended around the world.
- You could know the reasons behind his success and failure.
- It talks about the Greek culture and overall scheme of the ancient empires.
- You can learn about his death and the cracking of his empire.
- You will find a clear conception of the ancient world and the ruling process.
2. The Virtues of War: A Novel of Alexander the Great (Steven Pressfield)
It’s an influential novel on Alexander the Great. It’s filled particularly with the story of the battles he fought throughout his life. You can learn about how he conquered the empire and became successful against mighty rulers. Moreover, you will be informed how he became reputed as a supreme warrior and leader in the world’s history. It will also inform you about his passion, ambition, and bravery that made him the greatest in the world.
You can grab the strategy of how he became undefeated by an enemy through this excellent book. It will also present you with Alexander’s complex character and fearless missions. This book specifically emphasized the secret behind the triumph over some greatest and formidable battles in his life. Moreover, you could experience his suffering during the military campaign and his boundless compassion for his troops through this outstanding book.
You will know his great respect for enemies and the profound friendship with his generals by dint of this masterpiece. It delivers the thrilling phenomenon about his remarkable victory over some strong enemies to influence others. Furthermore, it reveals the tactics behind capturing and reading the enemies he fought. In a word, you will know all the seminal conflicts in his life that made him glorious in the world.
Inside the Book
- It describes how he ascended to the throne even at a very early age.
- It reveals the strategies of his prevail over some mighty enemies.
- You could learn how he been a reputed warrior and leader in the world.
- You find the overall scenario of his battles and noble qualities.
- It shows the relationship with his troops and respect for his enemies.
- You can learn his complex character and ambitions for the throne.
- It reveals how some of the great leaders finally halted battles against him.
3. The Campaigns of Alexander (Penguin Classics) by Arrian
Are you curious to know about the life journey of Alexander the Great? If your answer is positive, you can register “The Campaigns of Alexander” right now. This book discusses the overall suffering, struggle, achievements, and character of the great man in detail. You could learn ins and outs about the world’s greatest conqueror with reliable reference through this book. It will inform you how he established his empire and destroyed others’ reigns during his ruling period. That why it is one of the best books on Alexander the Great.
Meanwhile, you could discover the secret behind his temptation of the throne and the approach of the ruling. It talks about his campaign through India, Babylon, and Egypt with a list of indexes. You find exact information of the high total defeat of Persia and violent suppression of the Theban rebellion. This book gives a clear concept of his power, worship, commanding skill, and ambition throughout his life.
The writer stated exquisitely the passion of Alexander the Great for glory and success in this book. It describes how he became a famous and charismatic leader in the world. Moreover, you will find delicate data of his army’s composition. It will present to you how he emerged as a successful leader even in a short lifetime. However, it puts together some classical sources to show everything about the great personality. You can choose this book over other books to know something different.
Inside the Book
- This book describes the overall life-story of the world’s greatest leader.
- It gives a unique insight into his battles, achievements, and other campaigns throughout his life.
- It offers a clear concept of his ruler’s life, ambition, and passion for name and fame.
- You could learn about his objective and temptation of grabbing power.
- You could know about his total defeats, enemies, and commanding skill.
- This book will reveal how he showed respect to his troops and enemies.
- It presents the tactics of his win over some powerful emperor.
4. Alexander of Macedon, 356–323 B.C.: A Historical Biography (Peter Green)
It’s one of the best books on Alexander the Great in the world. This world-class biography of Alexander the Great reveals the vision and mission of the great leader. You could perceive how he ascended to the throne at a very early age, how he ruled the empire and became famous worldwide through this book. It will present you with the talent and bravery of a great leader. Reading this book, you also be informed about his ambition in the exercise of power.
In addition, you could know how he was capable of diverse the massacre of civilians. The book describes vividly all the fought and conquered battles of his life. You could learn about the genius man’s complex personality and philosophy. This book covers his ideology, nature, and overall achievements to give you a clear concept.
As he was the most brilliant field commander in history, you could learn how he dealt with his troops and led others by maintaining discipline. This book will show you how he centralized government and military across the empire. Furthermore, it will hint you the secret behind his all achievements against numerous emperors.
Inside the Book
- It talks about the views, mission, and ambition of the great Alexander.
- It describes how the genius made a plan to win battles over other emperors.
- You could know the reason for his intense attraction for power and the throne.
- You will learn about his administrative excellence and ideology through this book.
- The book will show you how he extended his power around the world.
- It discusses his philosophy, bravery, and ruling tactics in detail.
- You could understand the ancient empire and lifestyle through this excellent book.
5. Dividing the Spoils: The War for Alexander the Great’s Empire (Robin Waterfield)
If you’re interested in discovering the warfare of Alexander the Great, you can choose this book. It will also inform you of the ancient civilization along with the life-story of the great personality. You could perceive how he conquered and ruled an enormous empire. This book describes boldly what happened in the course of stretching his empire from Greece to the Indian subcontinent.
It mentions how he had to go through high adventure, assassinations, treachery, and mass slaughter during the ruling period. Also, you could know some world-changing events led by this great man. The book also informs the contest between the successors of Alexander for his empire. You also could know how his throne suffered and fractured after his death in the absence of a perfect leader.
It narrates his competing ambitions against various emperors in detail. Apart from leadership, the book covers all his contributions to arts, literature, and philosophy. You will find an apparent concept of chronicling political and military events. Most importantly, you could learn about his immeasurable contribution to culture through this great book.
Inside the Book
- The book describes the battles, military actions, and power of the great personality.
- It covers his gains, failure, bravery, and far-sighted events vividly.
- You could learn his administration and the ruling process through this book.
- This book narrates ancient civilization and warfare exquisitely.
- You could know how he led and extended the biggest empire.
- It also shows how he gained fame as a commander in various battles.
- You find brief information about several wars and the winning techniques.
6. Alexander the Great: A Life From Beginning to End (Hourly History)
You could learn about the whole life of Alexander the Great through this biography book. This book describes everything in a straightforward, concise, and interesting approach. It predominantly focuses on his journey to becoming a world-famous leader. You could know how he achieved a lot throughout this life with his bravery and leadership. The book will also inform you how he still undefeated even after taking part in numerous battles against powerful emperors.
Moreover, throughout the book, the writer depicted how he stretched his empire around the world. You could learn the story of a Titan of the ancient world. If you have a passion for knowing ancient civilization, this book can be your assistance. The book will hint you how he understood the pulse of enemies and win the battles with less effort.
Most noticeably, you will know about his ruling method, ambitions, and exercise of power through this great book. The conquest of Persia is definitely the most notable achievement in his life. And this book describes this mind-blowing phenomenon with accurate reference. It’s one of the most popular books on Alexander the Great.
Inside the Book
- The book discusses how Alexander the Great led the earlier life and ascended the throne.
- You will read about the genius of Philip of Macedon through this book.
- It focuses on the conquest of Persia and the battles against the kings of Asia.
- The book depicts how he stretched his power and empire across the world.
- You could learn about his strategies of winning almost all the battles.
- You could know about the death of Alexander and the further condition of his empire.
- It will show you the passion, ambition, and talent of Alexander the Great.
7. Alexander the Great: Lessons from History’s Undefeated General (Bill Yenne)
Alexander the Great is probably the only general who is still undefeated in the world’s history. His continuous success against some powerful emperor brought him to the limelight. And this book describes his power, bravery, and tactics of winning over all the battles. It will inform you how he ruled the enormous empire even at a very early age. Besides, you could grab the information of how he stretched his empire and exercised his power.
The book narrates his relationship with troops and respect for enemies. It also focuses on his contribution to arts, philosophy, and culture. You could know how he became one of the great leaders surpassing others within a short time. It will also inform you of the ideology and administrative excellence of the great personality.
This book covers his suffering and achievement more frankly than other books. You could know his complex character that is highly adorable to people. The book especially concentrates on the military power of Alexander the Great. You will find information on how he stretched the Greek culture and language throughout the world.
Inside the Book
- The book covers the military power of Alexander the Great.
- It concentrates on his ruling approach and exercise of power.
- It describes all the battles he fought and won throughout his life.
- You could know how he ascended to the throne and how he died.
- The book narrates the complex character of this great personality.
- You could learn the ideology and administrative strategies of a great person.
- The book will inform you all about his empire and ancient civilization.
The Bottom Line
Alexander was a great general, leader, and personality in the world’s history. He became reputed due to his excellent leading capability and achievements. He possessed numerous empires and exercised his power throughout the ancient world. People around the world have an intense curiosity to know about him. A well-written book seems the best option to get informed about such a great personality.
However, if you’re also keen to know about the genius leader, you have to pick the best books on Alexander the Great. All the books discussed here cover almost everything about the great commander. You can choose any of these to enrich your knowledge about ancient warfare and civilization.