The sound knowledge of data structures and algorithms is fundamental for computer engineering, programmers, and online technology passionate peoples. In order to reach the next level of programming language, you essentially need to read the Best Books for Data Structures and Algorithms. Moreover, for brilliant academic results in computer science and engineering, these books can significantly help beginners of computer science to start their journey towards a successful programmer, whereas computer science professionals need them to sharpen their basic potentiality.
In addition, all these books precisely can enrich the knowledge of the Sorting Algorithm (basically quick sort + merge sort), String Algorithm, Graph Algorithm, Tree Traversal, Greedy algorithms. Let’s go through this post in detail to decide which books can be your best friend for sharpening your data structure and algorithm knowledge from A to Z.
Best Books for Data Structures and Algorithms
- Data Structures and Algorithms Made Easy: Data Structures and Algorithmic Puzzles by Narasimha Karumanchi
- A Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms: Level Up Your Core Programming Skills by Jay Wengrow
- Purely Functional Data Structures by Chris Okasaki
- Introduction to Algorithms (The MIT Press) by Thomas H. Cormen
- Grokking Algorithms: An Illustrated Guide for Programmers and Other Curious People by Aditya Bhargava
1. Data Structures and Algorithms Made Easy: Data Structures and Algorithmic Puzzles
This is a great book for all levels of expertise that offers solutions to complex data structures and algorithms. By studying this book you will learn deeply about different data structures, algorithms, and programming with C/C++ code language.
Fortunately, Narasimha karumanchi has written this book for the freshmen of computer science courses defining both C/C++ coding language. The book has already become the reference manual in the computer science area. Many universities refer to it as one of the supplemental coursebooks.
Not only as a coursebook, but it also becomes one perfect guideline for the CSE students interview, project work, numerous campus work, and so on. In a word, it is an efficient textbook need for students who feel enthusiastic to learn basic about computer programming.
Contents Inside the Book
- Inclusion of a step-by-step modification to explain the data structure clearly. Additionally, lots of figures, easy diagrams with each point for an easy understanding.
- This book is perfect for beginner-level students. As all discussions explained in this book with a clear example, so any fresher can get each topic deeply inside their brain.
- The book is one of the short and precise programming books. As all are not native to an American accent, a harsh and lengthy sentence is rarely could be student-friendly from another language. This textbook is exactly written emphasizing this fact.
- Beginner students have yet not learned Java or C++, so program language ‘C’ is required for them.
- After each chapter, you will find several relevant solutions with code as well as problems at the end of this book helping the students utilize more data structure.
2. A Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms: Level Up Your Core Programming Skills
In-depth knowledge of algorithms and data structure helps the learner deal with the code which could run faster. Therefore, the apps on which they are programming can also run more quickly with less memory consumption. Especially for the software company, it is imperative by all means.
However, it’s the 2nd edition of this book. What is extra in this edition? Firstly, it comes with an entire revision. Some part of this book has been rewritten with the inclusion of new chapters. The addition of new chapters like dynamic programming helps the self-taught developer learning deeply about recursive code.
Lots of exercise and solutions from this book helps the reader to gain a hand-on-practice knowledge. Each topic described by the writer finally enriches this book and offers you a complete learning experience. This book tops on CLRS & Skiena with a clarified explanation. Whether you have a CS degree or you are a fresher student, this book will teach you to sort your coding out quickly. So, it would be one of the best books for data structures and algorithms for you.
Why A Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms is the Best?
- It is a must-read book for computer science students to understand well about data structure, algorithms. Simple English tune makes it better read; therefore, it can use as an essential coursebook for first-year University or college students worldwide.
- The book would be exclusively helpful for the new developer who needs to learn the basics about computer programming, or coded language. This book makes all its readers able to go with better code with enhanced computer programming knowledge.
- The power of data structure or algorithm described in this book can help the self-taught developer to become more potent about scalable coding.
- The addition of some new materials helps you learn more on-day-to-day coding with extra knowledge of data structure & algorithms.
- Every chapter of this book is full of several exercises and solutions. So, you can habituate on a hand-on-practice if you regularly follow this book seriously. In the appendix of this book, you will find a solution list.
3. Purely Functional Data Structures
If you would like to learn a language like Standard ML, Haskell, and Scheme Purely Functional Data Structure, is for you. For coding of C/C++, all data structure needs to transfer into these languages finely. In this fabulous programming book, the data structure has explained from the perspective of functional language.
The classical data structure (red-black trees, binomial queues) and the host of the all-new data structures explained basically work here to adapt all functional languages.
It’s a bit of a perfect book for the advanced level web developer who has an overall knowledge of OO language, procedural, functional programming language. If already experienced in computer programming or algorithms, people who are reading this book can synchronize access to the data structure for a multi-threaded situation. Even this book allows transactional access to all complex data structures.
Why Should Programmer Read this Book?
- Firstly, it will teach how data structure defines different functional languages. All related source code for Standard ML & Haskell.
- Plenty of detailed discussion about different data structures is present in this book. All programmers (functional or otherwise) need one copy of this book to well-done their computer programming job. The algorithms covered by this book, simple to implement by your preferable language.
- It is a book of wisdom. All data, information gathered in this book can deliver you a complete survey of your academic project. Once you have completed learning on this book, you can satisfactorily explain every related topic to an advanced level developer in a more precise way.
- At the advanced level of the web developer, it can sharpen the knowledge for the next level. Developer with significant experience about data structure, once read this book also know full data structure implementation allowing transactional access for the more complex data structure.
Because of successfully features all functional programming, data structure, lazy evaluation, and amortization with lots of tables, and examples it is one of the best books for data structures and algorithms.
4. Introduction to Algorithms (The MIT Press)
Thomas H. Corman, the writer of the incredible programming book Introduction to Algorithms solely explains a broader range of data structure in-depth algorithm. Obviously, he succeeds fully. However, the lucrative matter about this algorithm book it makes the algorithm well accessible to all readers.
Whether you are a new CS student or a self-taught web developer, you can use each chapter of this book as an individual unit of your algorithm study. This book is self-contained and written in plain English. Anyone who has minimum knowledge about computer programming can grab this book to be more perfect. All the explanation has been covered into this book elementary but features a depth of coverage for any mathematical inclusion.
The writer did a great job in four chapters to include all the fundamental concepts about data structure. Generally, people tend to skip any introduction as they naturally think that they already know about it. But this introduction book is fantastic to read once you start must finish.
The Insider Things of The Book
- It is a lighter book (not indicating the weight!), consisting of all math through a simple solution. You can define it as a tough book with a simple explanation, easy answer. Each chapter is easily described, with no elaborate description.
- The writer has enlightened the dynamic programming with the greedy algorithm in this introductory book. Once you read the whole book, you can know how each greedy algorithm works instead of set them as it is.
- Teaches about CLRs code, thus literally make you worthy of passing any interviews about CS.
- Numerous figures, tables are comprised in each chapter to enrich the explanation topics here. Overall, this book is very well informed with a comprehensive format.
An excellent resource for CS newcomers, web developers, and programmers as well. It covers every fundamental thing about the algorithm, which helps you pass the Google interview.
5. Grokking Algorithms: An Illustrated Guide for Programmers and Other Curious People
As a programmer, you essentially need one book to help you resolve your algorithm-related practical problem you might face regularly. Grokking Algorithms: An Illustrated Guide for Programmers and Other Curious People is a perfect guide for you towards a deep algorithm.
Reading this book, enough to boost up your knowledge up to a level of data compression with artificial intelligence. The annotated code language in this book is Python. However, you will find each topic very interestingly described. The writer didn’t let any chance of being bored while reading this book.
As the competitor, this book is also full of numerous examples and figures. Each example is further presented so carefully, which can fully annotate your discussion topic.
Inside the Book, You will Learn
- About the common algorithm that helps you to reach a level for data compression and artificial intelligence.
- This book allows learning with lots of fun. It allows a continuous journey with no chance of being boring towards the algorithm in motion.
- Grokking Algorithm efficiently can push you to learn about core CS. The knowledge you gather from the book practically can solve the common problem related to computer programming.
- It includes Python-based coding samples to describe each topic. The performance of this book is all about algorithms.
- Grokking Algorithm offers you Cover Search, Sort, and Graph Algorithms. Inside of it, more than 400 images are included to enrich the workout.
The Bottom Line
The data structure and algorithm are everything to be skilled and efficient about the coding sense or programming language. The best books for data structures and algorithms can remarkably help you to deepen your knowledge to an advanced level of algorithm understanding.
Computer programming is one of the amazing things, needs continuous learning for success. There could be nothing more ergonomic, convenient, and accessible like a great programming book to acquire the right knowledge about it. Moreover, books are always potential tools for learning new things or sharpening the existing knowledge.
Though books are better means to master, it is your day-to-day practice that can make you a successful professional. The best programming books covered here not only help you to become the most intelligent programming professional in data structure but also will help self-learning developers in a great deal.