People come and go away, but some stay forever in this material world- Abraham Lincoln is one of them. He was a great personality with some extraordinary qualities. His wisdom, solidity, and integrity made him worthy for ascending to the highest office of the United States of America. He did some record-breaking jobs for his nation and got the reward too. The Americans remember him with the highest homage, esteem, and dignity. Even people around the world respect him and follow his lifestyle. If you’re curious to discover his life story, you may take help from the best biography of Abraham Lincoln.
A great book covers the entire life journey of this great person in an easy-to-understand approach. In addition, you could learn some interesting points that are still unknown to you if you go for an ideal book. You would feel happy here as I am going to present reviews of some of the best-selling and award-winning books on Abraham Lincoln. You can take a glimpse over the books to reach out for a specific one.
Reviews: Best Biography of Abraham Lincoln
|Book Name & Author||Image||Rating||Price|
|Abraham Lincoln: A Life from Beginning to End (Biographies of US Presidents) by Hourly History||9.0||View on Amazon|
|A. Lincoln: A Biography by Ronald C. White||9.6||View on Amazon|
|Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin||9.7||View on Amazon|
|Abe: Abraham Lincoln in His Times by David S. Reynolds||9.6||View on Amazon|
|Every Drop of Blood: The Momentous Second Inauguration of Abraham Lincoln by Edward Achorn||9.4||View on Amazon|
1. Abraham Lincoln: A Life from Beginning to End (Biographies of US Presidents)
Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president of the United States of America. He was born into poverty. But his hard work, merit, and persistency helped him to hold the highest office in the USA. Being deprived of the essential needs, he had to strive in taking education. He’s considered a self-taught person. After becoming a lawyer, he joined politics and ran for the presidency. Luckily, he won the election and took responsibility to serve his countrymen. During his ruling period, the whole country went through moral, cultural, constitutional, and political crises. He had to manage severe blows to bring peace and progression to his country.
The Slavery Act became terrible among the people. Even he had been vexed by it. Slavery came to an end with his patronage. He was determined to unite South and North; finally, he succeeded to lead both sides together. His decision and thinking were far-reaching and impactful. He had countless detractors and enemies. Throughout his life, he tried heart and soul to bring a sustainable economic position to his country. Besides, he devoted his whole life for the sake of his countrymen’s betterment. He was always ready to beat off any oppression, unfairness, and inequality. His charitable and generous mind helped him to attain unprecedented fame.
Lincoln was determined to empower the military forces. He used to appoint patriotic generals to secure independence and encounter all the potential wars. He was a moderate Republican but had a good relationship with other parties. Throughout his political career, he encouraged his countrymen to stay united and strong. He has been renowned in American history because of rebuilding America. Ups and downs came to his life, but he never folded down. He is one of the most loved presidents in the USA. This frontier president died from an assassin’s bullet.
Inside the Book
- The book covers the life story of Abraham Lincoln from beginning to end with an excellent portrait.
- It shows how he struggled in early life to establish himself in the history of the world.
- This book indicates his effort in abolishing the slavery act from the whole of America.
- The author expressed his intention to make America great by uniting both South and North region.
- The book describes his political ideology, charitable character, and generous mentality.
- This book talks about the turns and tides throughout his life and his heroic footsteps.
- It explains the phenomenon of the election of 1860 and the legacy of Lincoln deeply.
2. A. Lincoln: A Biography
Abraham Lincoln is a name of inspiration and integrity. The book covers the entire life journey of this great person expressively. It reveals that Abraham Lincoln was very poor in his early life. He didn’t find enough opportunity to make him formally educated. His family had to go through severe suffering for want of basic needs. But his luck smiled on him; he became a lawyer by his own effort. After entering the elite group, he joined politics. His wisdom, foreknowledge, honesty, and higher-thinking ability helped him to take the presidential office. He was elected as the 16th president of the USA.
Having taken the presidency, he abolished the immorality of slavery. In addition, he removed the racism, discrimination, social friction, and the region’s battles with a strong hand. He made a quick revolution to the infrastructure, economy, education, commerce, and other major sectors. He encouraged all spheres of people to get united for the sake of developing the country. Throughout his political career, he was involved in the religious odyssey and several civil wars. He provided a political, constitutional, and moral evolution to the entire country. His mission and vision were based on the welfare of the whole nation.
He was a man of mysterious characteristics. His profound knowledge and intellectual curiosity paved the way for winning the entire world. People all over the country will keep him in mind because of his nobility and ideology. His military decision-making and excellent leading skill put him on the list of the world’s greatest persons. The author of this book illuminated this great personality through the sensitive paragraphs. This exclusive book depicted the complete elusive temperament of such a legendary person.
Inside the Book
- The book explains the struggle, mission, success, failure, and other moral aspects of the great Abraham Lincoln.
- It narrates the entire journey of being a president of the United States and a world-famous personality.
- This book covers his sufferings at an early age, political career, death, and other phenomena.
- The author highlighted his dedication, hard work, integrity, and activity to bring a significant change to America.
- The book expresses how he abolished slavery, formed the society, and empowered the military force.
- It describes how he won the heart of his enemies and took some intelligent decisions.
- The book is written in engaging language and provided a complete portrait of the great man.
3. Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln
It’s a remarkable biography book on Abraham Lincoln by an acknowledged writer. In this book, the author expressed that Abraham Lincoln was a man of humility and confidence, religious spirit and secular sensibility, generous heart and intellect. He was born in a poor family but his comprehensive wisdom and integrity drove him to the highest office of the United States. He turned into a political genius after he had joined politics. Despite all his obscurities; he became a president defeating three powerful rivals. After taking the charge, he led the civil war to bring a significant change to the whole country.
He strongly took action against the slavery act, racism, and inequality. His political ideology was based on the equal co-existence of all classes of people. He abolished the moral, cultural, constitutional, and economic crises. Throughout his governing period, he put an extraordinary ability to make the right decisions for the betterment of the country. He created the most unusual cabinet in history by bringing his disgruntled opponents together. Unlike other presidents, he had to go through endless barriers; but he succeeded to overcome all the obstacles with the support of his former competitors and allies. He could understand the desire and motives of people at ease.
He was the most significant president in the world’s history. His countrymen always found courage, love, and dependency from him. He never let his nation down. But he had to sacrifice his life to an assassin. He passed away, but his ideology, moralities, and leading approach can never be forgotten. He was a managerial genius and virtuosic political. The author of this book illustrated everything to give the readers a great insight. It’s rewarded to be the best biography of Abraham Lincoln. An elegant and incisive writing tone makes it different from other books.
Inside the Book
- The book describes all the crucial moments of Abraham Lincoln’s life brilliantly.
- It explains his journey of being a lawyer and getting into politics by overcoming all the obstacles.
- This book talks about how he was nominated as a candidate for president and won the election.
- The author showed how he worked against racism, slavery, discrimination, religious friction, and other immoralities.
- It covers the ruling approach of this great president and the secrets of becoming popular.
- This book illustrates how he united all the states to work together and bring quick development.
- This excellent book expresses how he prevailed over the rivals and made alliances with them.
4. Abe: Abraham Lincoln in His Times
Abe: Abraham Lincoln in His Times is an award-winning book on Abraham Lincoln. The book covered the entire life story of the great personality in an expressive way. This marvelous biography captures that Abraham Lincoln was a man of persistency, integrity, brave, wisdom, industry, and all the moral qualities. Lincoln emerged with the light of hope when American was going through several crises. He was promised to make the balance between the South and North region. Besides, he worked hard to eliminate all the practicing superstitions, inequalities, injustices, and immoralities. He struggled hard to abolish slavery to make an equal co-existence for all spheres of people.
Having been elected as president, he pioneered his career as a lawyer. But he was vexed by the elite people because of not having family status. Even after taking the charge of the presidency, he went through several obstacles as his rivals didn’t accept him. But he kept him proceeding on. He led the civil war to bring a significant change to the whole country. During the ruling period, he used to make effective decisions to bring welfare to his country. As a politician, he moved too swiftly for many and too slow for some. He had an extraordinary range of religious, cultural, and political knowledge.
Besides, he had an appetite for poetry and self-improvement. His unquenchable thirst for fame helped him to become one of the great leaders in the world. He had a clear vision of transforming and empowering the country. And he succeeded in reaching his goal even at short-term presidential service. Americans always remember his contribution to the socio-economic development of the country. People around the world love to take courage by reading his biography. And that’s why the author illustrated everything to satisfy them. It’s shaped in an easy-to-understand and digestible format to help the readers.
Inside the Book
- The book breaks down the wisdom, leading capability, generous mind, and other moral qualities of Abraham Lincoln.
- It describes how he entered politics and got the nomination for the presidency.
- The author talks about the reasons behind his popularity and his ruling approach.
- This excellent book gives a clear overview of the early life of this great personality.
- It covers the civil war, the friction between the South and North region, and other phenomena.
- The book expresses how he led the whole country and brought about a new revolution overnight.
- This book comes with an engaging writing tone and plain text to make everything comprehend to the readers.
5. Every Drop of Blood: The Momentous Second Inauguration of Abraham Lincoln
Every Drop of Blood is one of the best books on Abraham Lincoln. The book has vividly drawn the second inauguration of Abraham Lincoln. In this book, the author expressed that Lincoln had to encounter several complexities during the civil war. The war had slaughtered almost 700,000 Americans and wounded the whole nation seemingly. Lincoln emerged as a blessing of God then and tackled the war successfully. He found an unimaginable honor on the day of the second-term oath as tens of thousands of Americans were present there. The whole nation kept faith in him to bring everything back.
And he didn’t let his countrymen down. He worked hard to establish his motherland as the most powerful and developed country. Throughout his political career, he struggled to bring light to the all the crucial sectors. He used to encourage people to give up all the immoralities and work shoulder to shoulder to empower the country. He tackled all the national crises through his wisdom, leading skill, merit, and integrity. To secure his country, he made an unprecedented alliance with all the opposition parties. He removed the act of slavery and brought about equality throughout the country. The collision between the South and North region went away by his outstanding patronage.
He showed new hope and desire to the whole nation. His complex figure will be memorized by the whole American’s lifetime. Nobody could fill the gap of such a generous and brilliant president. He was unique and unquenchable. An assassin fired him and brought his missions to an end. Millions of people around the world want to reflect his characteristics and qualities in their life. He worked all along for humanity and justice. His easy and free lifestyle aided him to attain huge popularity. His life story offers inspiration to the young generation to strive for success. The author of this book depicted every phenomenon expressively to give the readers optimal insight.
Inside the Book
- The book depicts the early life struggle and the story of the political entrance of Abraham Lincoln.
- This book covers how he gained support from the people and his party within a short time.
- The book narrates how he overcame all the obstacles and led the civil war during the ruling period.
- It gives a clear overview of the political ideology and governing approach of Abraham Lincoln.
- The author talked about the day when the great leader took oath for the second time.
- It indicates the reasons for civil war and the amount of slaughtered and wounded people.
- This book illustrates the complex figure of Lincoln and his thirst for bringing progression to the country.
The Final Words
Great people are immortal. Their activities and moralities are always memorable. Abraham Lincoln, the former president of the United States of America took the place into the mind of millions of people around the world through his deeds. He’s remembered throughout the world with much dignity and honor. His political ideology and lifestyle are attainable. Every civilized person wants to imitate him to make others happy. If you’re one of his followers and want to know about him deeply, you can study a well-formed book.
You can opt for the best biography of Abraham Lincoln to discover what happened throughout his life and how he became world-famous. The well-written books here covered will indicate to you everything that your mind is looking for. Every book is written by a renowned writer. The writers performed in-depth research and analysis to compose a biography book.